- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Explore the Castle of Chapultepec, a historical building that has witnessed the last years of the Spanish domain in Mexico, the Mexican American War in 1847, it was the home of the Emperor Maximilian of Habsburg, and later the presidential house until 1934.
- Enjoy the fantastic view of Mexico City from the Castle of Chapultepec and learn about Mexican history
- Go back in time to 1864 and feel like a member of the Royalty at the Emperor and Empresses’ chambers,
- Admire David Alfaro Siqueiros ’s murals inside the Castle.
- Walk through the National Museum of Anthropology, one of the best and most famous in the world.
- Learn about the most important and fascinating Mesoamerican) civilizations.
- See the Aztec “Piedra del Sol” monolith, among other amazing sculptures and ceramics from Mesoamerican civilizations such as the Mayas, Mexicas, Toltecs, Teotihucanos etc.
Get ready to walk through one of the biggest parks in Latin America; The forest of Chapultepec and enjoy the view of Mexico City as you walk up a small hill to reach the entrance to the Castle.
Explore the only Castle in Latin America where a European Emperor lived (Maximilian of Habsburg) and learn about different periods in Mexican history as you walk trough the National History Museum rooms.
Learn about the Mexican-American War (1847) since one of the final battles took place at the Castle of Chapultepec and walk around the place, which was a military school in that moment. You will find out who the “hero children” were and why they are considered relevant for Mexican history.
Discover how the Emperor and his wife Charlotte lived in the Castle and see their chambers, dining room with furniture of that time, and a beautiful garden on the second floor from where you will enjoy one of the best views of the city. Learn about how the ephemeral second Mexican Empire ended and how President Juarez took over.
Next, have lunch at a traditional Mexican restaurant (you will always have the possibility to choose the place and your guide will suggest the closest best places in the area).
- Hotel pick up and drop off from any hotel in Mexico City
- English speaking certified guide
- Transportation in a fully equipped SUV car
- Parking fees
- Bottled water in the car
- Admission fees
Duration: 8-9 hours
Pricing NameMin Group SizeMax Group SizePrice
Pricing Name: AMin Group Size: 1 paxMax Group Size: 3 paxprice: /Group
Pricing Name: BMin Group Size: No size limitMax Group Size: 4 paxprice: /Group
Pricing Name: CMin Group Size: 5 paxMax Group Size: 7 paxprice: /Group