- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Visit the Dolores Olmedo Museum, which holds the largest art collection of the famous Mexican artist Diego Rivera.
- The Dolores Olmedo Museum is not an ordinary place; inside you will see the Mexican Xoloitzcuincle dog (a unique breed in the world), beautiful peacocks walking around the gardens.
- Explore the colonial and bohemian neighborhood of Coyoacan.
- (Optional) Visit the Anahuacalli museum. Diego Rivera built this place as a modern pyramid where you can admire his pre-hispanic art collection. The building itself is one of a kind.
- Try delicious coffee or hot chocolate with churros as a snack or dessert after a good Mexican meal at a local restaurant.
- Explore the wealthy and colonial neighborhood of San Angel where you will find high-quality handicrafts boutiques.
- Visit Casa del Risco museum, the former house of Isidro Fabela (a wealthy Mexican diplomat) who donated his entire collection of art and fixed a unique and baroque 4-meter fountain.
First, we will visit the Dolores Olmedo Museum in the south of the city. Dolores Olmedo was a very wealthy businesswoman who had a close relationship with the famous artist Diego Rivera.
She made sure that Diego and Frida Kahlo´s legacy would be safe with her and today their largest art collection is kept in the museum. She also gave her personal touch to the place. She loved animals, specially the Xoloitzcuincle dog (a hairless unique Mexican breed). She knew the importance that this breed had for the Pre-Hispanic people and decided to look after many of them.
The Museum is not an ordinary place; it was a huge ranch with a sixteenth century church that today is considered a historical monument. Walk around the museum and enjoy its gardens with colorful peacocks everywhere, Diego´s paintings and its wonderful architecture.
Next, we´ll head to the historical and bohemian neighborhood of Coyoacan where you will learn about the first religious catholic orders that arrived in 1524. The Franciscans built the monastery of San Juan Bautista in the south of Mexico City and the evangelization process started.
In Coyoacan you can try a hot chocolate and traditional churros filled with different sweet flavors as we walk around the colorful colonial streets.
- Hotel pick up and drop off from any hotel in Mexico City
- English speaking certified guide
- Transportation in a fully equipped SUV car
- Parking fees
- Bottled water in the car
- Admission fees
Duration: 8-9 hours
Pricing NameMin Group SizeMax Group SizePrice
Pricing Name: AMin Group Size: 1 paxMax Group Size: 3 paxprice: /Group
Pricing Name: BMin Group Size: No size limitMax Group Size: 4 paxprice: /Group
Pricing Name: CMin Group Size: 5 paxMax Group Size: 7 paxprice: /Group