- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Visit the historical city of Puebla, known for its colorful houses with tiles, magnificent baroque churches, its delicious “mole poblano”, and its Talavera pottery.
- See and explore from inside the biggest pyramid in the world. Walk through the tunnels that were excavated by the archaeologist and learn about one of the oldest cities in the Americas.
- Climb the pyramid (optional) and discover the Church of the Remedies where you can also enjoy a fantastic view of the Popocatepetl and Iztlacihuatl volcanoes.
- Be amazed by the beautiful baroque decoration of the Churches of Santa Maria Tonantzintla, San Francisco Acatepec, and Puebla Cathedral.
The trip begins at 8:00 to avoid traffic and spend more time in Cholula and the city of Puebla. Cholula is 2 hours away from Mexico City.
In Cholula, we will go to the archaeological site, home of the largest pyramid in the world. Get ready to go inside the pyramid and discover the secrets of one of the oldest temples in the Americas.
Go inside the church of “Our Lady of Los Remedios” and see a clear evidence of the process of evangelization as it was built on top of the pyramid replacing the old gods.
Afterward, we will visit two unique churches in Mexico: Santa María Tonantzintla and San Francisco Acatepec. They are the clearest example of the fascinating fusion of European and Mexican cultures.
As soon as we get to Puebla, you will have lunch at a local restaurant where you can try mole sauce with rice and chicken or another traditional dish.
Next, explore Puebla, a city built as a copy of a Spanish colonial city. It is famous for its colorful houses with hundreds of tiles. We will visit the Cathedral, which has the tallest towers in Latin America.
Walk along the lively “barrio de los sapos” street, discover local art as we visit the “alley of the artist”, see traditional Talavera ceramic at Mercado Parián and be amazed by the wonderful Chapel of the Rosary.
Before going back to Mexico City you will visit the spectacular Palafoxiana Library, a UNESCO memory of the world.
- Hotel pick up and drop off from any hotel in Mexico City
- English speaking certified guide
- Transportation in a fully equipped SUV car
- Parking fees
- Bottled water and snacks in the car
- Admission fees
Duration: 8-9 hours