- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Discover the beautiful colonial city of Queretaro, a place that had a huge relevance during the Mexican Independence.
- See the magnificent colonial aqueduct that was sponsored by Don Juan Antonio de Urrutia, marquis of Villa del Villar.
- Explore the colonial streets of Queretaro and admire its baroque architecture.
- Visit some of its spectacular churches such as Santa Clara, San Agustin and San Francisco.
- Walk through the rooms of the wonderful Queretaro´s Art Museum and admire a unique Augustinian cloister.
- Visit Casa de la Zacatecana museum and see how a wealthy colonial house looked like.
- Try delicious “enchiladas queretanas” or other traditional dishes at a local restaurant.
We will meet early in the morning to head to the city of Queretaro, which is 2.5 hours away from Mexico City.
First, we will stop by a viewpoint to enjoy the sight of the city and learn about its colonial past and its magnificent aqueduct. From there we will visit the Casa de la Zacatecana museum to see how wealthy families lived. You will also listen and see evidence of a very famous real love story that took place right there.
Next, we will visit the San Francisco´s monastery to find out how Queretaro had a huge relevance for the evangelization process in the north of the New Spain.
We´ll explore some of Queretaro´s most iconic streets to admire its baroque architecture and have lunch at a traditional colonial restaurant where you can try lots of Mexican dishes or local meals such as enchiladas queretanas.
Afterward, we´ll visit the Queretaro´s Art Museum, a former Monastery of Saint Augustine famous for its marvelous cloister considered as one of the most beautiful in Latin America.
We´ll finish the day at the Santa Rosa de Viterbo Temple, a very representative XVIII building made of pink stone and decorated with beautiful altarpieces covered in gold leaf that will take your breath away.
- Hotel pick up and drop off from any hotel in Mexico City
- English speaking certified guide
- Transportation in a fully equipped SUV car
- Parking fees
- Bottled water in the car
- Admission fees
Duration: 12 hours
Pricing NameMin Group SizeMax Group SizePrice
Pricing Name: AMin Group Size: 1 paxMax Group Size: 3 paxprice: /Group
Pricing Name: BMin Group Size: No size limitMax Group Size: 4 paxprice: /Group
Pricing Name: CMin Group Size: 5 paxMax Group Size: 7 paxprice: /Group