- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Explore Teotihuacan the City of Gods and visit the site Museum, the Pyramids of the Sun and the Moon, the Feathered Serpent temple and the Quetzalpapalotl Palace.
- Walk along the Avenue of the dead and admire the Pyramid of the Moon.
- Visit the Museum to learn more about this ancient but fantastic civilization.
- See and learn about the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe in the second most visited Catholic Temple in the World where The Virgin of Guadalupe appeared to Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin (an indigenous peasant) in 1531.
- Try traditional Mexican food and pulque (a fermented Prehispanic beverage).
Explore one of the biggest archaeological sites in Mexico and get ready to be amazed by its incredible architecture. Teotihuacan was abandoned more than 1200 years ago and today keeps many mysteries that have not been deciphered yet. According to the Mesoamerican tradition, Teotihuacan was explained as the venerable place of origins, the cradle of the Fifth Sun and the source of dispersion of humanity. Centuries later, the Nahuas people named it “City of Gods”.
You will first visit the museum where you´ll learn more about this fascinating civilization. Afterward, we will walk along the Avenue of the Dead to visit the ancient pyramids of the Sun, the Moon, the Temple of the Feathered Serpent and The Quetzalpapalotl Palace as well.
The tour is designed to make sure you visit all the highlights of the place without having to walk long distances.
After a deserved lunch break, we´ll head to the second most visited Catholic Shrine in the world: “The Basilica of Guadalupe”. The shrine is close to the spot where Our Lady of Guadalupe is said to have appeared to Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin, a Mexican indigenous in 1531.
Inside the Shrine you will see and learn about the venerated image of the Virgin of Guadalupe. You will witness how her presence has had a huge impact on the Mexican and Catholic people since its appearance.
You will have time to walk around the largest Mexican religious sanctuary where your guide will show you other important catholic churches such as the old Basilica (finished in 1709) and “La capilla del pocito” (a masterpiece of the Mexican Baroque).
- Hotel pick up and drop off from any hotel in Mexico City
- English speaking certified guide
- Transportation in a fully equipped SUV car
- Tolls and parking fees
- Bottled water in the car
- Entrance to the sites
Duration: 8-9 hours.
Pricing NameMin Group SizeMax Group SizePrice
Pricing Name: AMin Group Size: 1 paxMax Group Size: 3 paxprice: /Group
Pricing Name: BMin Group Size: No size limitMax Group Size: 4 paxprice: /Group
Pricing Name: CMin Group Size: 5 paxMax Group Size: 7 paxprice: /Group