- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Enjoy a ride on a “trajinera” boat in the canals of Xochimilco (World Heritage Site) and learn about the chinampas (manmade islands).
- Walk around one of the biggest flower markets in Mexico “Mercado Selva Negra”.
- Visit Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera´s house in the heart of the colonial and bohemian neighborhood of Coyoacan.
- (Optional) See one the biggest collections of Pre-Hispanic art in a unique building that looks like a modern pyramid and belonged to Diego Rivera.
- Explore the colonial neighborhood of Coyoacan.
- Enjoy a local lunch in Coyoacan or San Angel.
- See the amazing murals at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (World Heritage Site), which is considered the most beautiful University of Latin America.
Have a blast in the south of Mexico City while learning about some of the oldest and most traditional sites in the city such as Coyoacan and Xochimilco.
We will head to Xochimilco to get on a trajinera boat to float down the canals of Xochimilco that means, “ flower field” or “where flowers are grown”. That is exactly what you will see in the Selva Negra flower market”. Hundreds of different kind of flowers no matter where you look at!
Next, we´ll visit the colonial district of Coyoacan, the place Hernan Cortés chose to settle while the Capital city of the New Spain was being built. Coyoacan became one of the main centers of evangelization of the Catholic Church in the sixteenth century. The religious order of the Franciscans built the Monastery of Saint John the Baptist in Coyoacan.
Today it is part of the historical center of this district. Explore and learn about the colonial history of Coyoacan while enjoying a delicious churro with hot chocolate.
Go inside Casa Azul, (if option selected) the place where Frida Kahlo was born and where Diego Rivera and her spent part of their lives. Admire some of her portraits, go upstairs, and discover Diego´s studio and Frida´s bedroom.
If you are not going to Casa Azul as part of the tour, we will go the wealthy and colonial neighborhood of San Angel, where you´ll visit the Ex-Convent of the Carmelites, huge beautiful houses and handicraft boutiques.
Enjoy a Mexican meal in Coyoacan or San Angel at a traditional restaurant or the place of your preference.
Finally, wander around the National University (UNAM), another World Heritage site where you´ll see the stunning murals made by Diego Rivera, Juan O´Gorman and David Alfaro Siqueiros.
- Hotel pick up and drop off from any hotel in Mexico City
- English speaking certified guide
- Transportation in a fully equipped SUV car
- Parking fees
- One hour on a trajinera boat
- Bottled water in the car
- Entrance to the sites
Duration: 8-9 hours
Pricing NameMin Group SizeMax Group SizePrice
Pricing Name: From 1-4Min Group Size: 1 paxMax Group Size: 3 paxprice: /Group
Pricing Name: BMin Group Size: No size limitMax Group Size: 4 paxprice: /Group
Pricing Name: CMin Group Size: 5 paxMax Group Size: 7 paxprice: /Group